Aurora – Audition
This has to be a solo performance (with or without accompaniment), repertoire free of choice.
The only way to audition to Aurora is by attaching an AUDIO or VIDEO URL (link adress) into the Aurora application form. The most common tool for AUDIO is Soundcloud, for VIDEO it is You tube. See instructions below. Of course you can use any other company as long as it provides you/us with this simple URL without any needs of log in etc.
Uploading your audition audio through Sound Cloud
Here are the instructions on how to upload your audio file/URL with Sound cloud.
- Create a Sound Cloud account here: http://soundcloud.com/signup. You will be required to confirm your email address before you are able to upload your audio file (be sure to check the confirmation email from Sound Cloud isn’t in your spam/junk folder).
- Click the ‘UPLOAD & SHARE’ button found near the top of the page – http://soundcloud.com/upload
- In the ‘INFO’ section, ‘TITLE’ your upload with your FULL NAME and INSTRUMENT
- Below this in the ‘SETTINGS’ section select ‘PRIVATE’ and make sure that you also ‘ENABLE DOWNLOADS’. This will maintain the privacy of your audition and enable us to download your recording.
- Click ‘SAVE’ at the base of the page.
- You will then be taken to the page showing the Sound Cloud player. Below and to the right of the player is a box marked ‘SECRET LINK’. Copy and paste this link into your APPLICATION FORM along with all the other information required from the form.
How to submit your Audition
with You tube
This is your chance to shine so 😉
Record your video using either a webcam or video camera after carefully selecting your repertoire.
–DO make sure you are in frame and in focus.
–DO check the sound is clear and not distorted.
–DO review footage before submitting it – if you submit and make a mistake, there’s no turning back.
–DO NOT use digital zoom – think about where the microphone will be!
–DO NOT edit your footage (Eg. No post-production alteration of the sound). However, you may record excerpts and pieces separately.
- Upload to YouTube.com after making an account and fill out the fields as follows. (a short tutorial on how to upload a video to YouTube click here
– Title Your name and instrument
– Description Title of the recorded music
– Tags Leave blank
– Category Aurora audition
– Publish your You Tube file as Public or Unlisted
- Copy and Paste your YouTube video URL into the Application Form.
We wish you all the very best of luck and very much look forward to hearing your audition.