Aurora Chamber Music Course 2010
6 ECTS points- NO course fee
Master class leaders
Welcome to apply to a group of exceptional young artists from all over the world and exchange creative ideas.
Master classes – Chamber music – Seminars
Relish the chance to perform in public. Take risks, inspire audiences, meet people and have fun. Become an integral part of a performing arts community of which many of the world’s most important performers are also members.
We take pride in what we offer our participants so take time to read all of the information included in this document before you apply, so that you know what the Aurora Festival & Master Classes is all about.
Ola Larsson/Manager and Per Nyström/Artistic Director
- You can not withdraw a submitted application without a doctors document
- Last application day is September 25
- The list of selected students will be sent to all applicants by e-mail at the latest October 4th
- The payment for your food and accommodation has to be payed latest October 10 and cannot be refunded.
- Without any exceptions you have to be 100% present in Vänersborg between Monday November 1st 13.00 and Sunday 7th November 22.00
- There will be no piano accompanists for the master classes
- Concerts and the seminar are obligatory for everyone.
- Write one A4 size paper reflection on the seminar subject, that subject/literature will be sent out to the selected students at the latest October 4th. This written reflection is to be handed over to the course administration before leaving November 7th.
Master classes & Chamber music
- All participants will be offered at least 2 open individual master classes and at least 2 open chamber music lessons.
- Each participant is responsible for bringing his/her own solo and chamber music scores to Vänersborg. Bring a copy of each score for the use of the professor in the master classes/chamber music.
- There will be no piano accompanists for the master classes
- Groups and repertoire will be selected by the course management before arrival in Vänersborg so that participants have time to learn their parts for the chamber music.
- All participants will perform in front of the public, in master classes and concerts during the festival.
Aurora News- Established ensembles – trios, quartets etc.
- You can apply as an established ensemble and receive 5 chamber music lessons.
- You have no solo master classes but are of course very welcome to attend all solo master classes as passive listener.
- If selected your ensemble will have the opportunity to perform (30 min maximum) during the ongoing Aurora autumn festival 2010
Costs and accommodation
There is no course fee however the participants pay for their own traveling costs and smal fee for accommodation. For housing 1-8 November we have 3 offers for you:
1) Room at private host families 1-8 November for 900 SEK in total. (read more below)
2) Hotel room – Part in double room 1-8 November we offer you a price of 2900 SEK in total incl breakfast. http://www.strandhotell.com/ 5 min ti course venue
3) Hotel room – singleroom 1-8 November we offer you a price of 3900 SEK in total incl breakfast. http://www.strandhotell.com/ 5 min ti course venue
These 3 deals on accommodation only applies to bookings of all 7 nights 1-8 November. The reservation has to be prepaid by October 10th and cannot be refunded
Instructions for accommodation at private host families
We are very pleased to be able to offer all participants private and cheap accommodation 1-8/11 at so many nice host families in Vänersborg. Important instructions if you want to take advantage of this offer.
1. Accommodation can be a bit outside Vänersborg. You must then organize and pay for your travel by bus to and from Vänersborg every day.
2. You must follow the host family’s rules and show respect for their daily routines. Keep your room and bathroom clean and tidy every day.
3. You must arrange your own breakfast. If the host family provides breakfast, be sure to offer payment for it.
4. You have to bring your own bed sheets or sleeping bag and towels
You can buy our special ”Food card” for the course. That includes 10 hot meals (lunch and dinner). The meals are of basic and good standard including salad, drink, bread and coffee. There will also be vegetarian alternatives. The Food card costs 800 SEK. The restaurant is located in the same building as the course so it’s very convenient. The Food card has to be prepaid by October 10th and cannot be refunded.
The course is worth 6 studying credit points (ECTS) 6 weeks of fulltime studies in the form of self-study / preparation during weeks 40-43 and in the form of an intensive course week 44. We publisch the repertoire for the chamber music 4/10. You have to participate in all lessons/rehearsals/concerts/seminars during the period of 1-7/11
Vänersborg is a town located 80 km north east of Gothenburg, Sweden.
Read more about Vänersborg and see map
The easiest connection to Vänersborg is trough Gothenburg. From both airports in Gothenburg you find Airport busses going to the Central train station (around 30min). From Gothenburg central train station you take a regional train going every hour to Vänersborg and the tickets for that doesn’t have to be booked in advance, just buy them when you arrive to the station. The train takes around 60 min to Vänersborg and costs around 70 SEK.
It’s also possible to take trains from Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo directly to Trollhättan but that normally takes a bit longer time and have to be booked in advance.
Information about all the trains in English
Please read all the information in this description as well as in the application form before applying. You have to apply at latest September 25th by sending the online application.
1. All applicants should have the basic qualifications needed for high school studies. You should document your advanced skills in your application.
2. Recordings for the selection are not obligatory but applicants with recordings will have a priority during the professor’s selection. If you want you can send in a non-edited Mp3-recording with free of choice repertoire (max 5 minutes). Please write clearly your name and contact details on your recording as well as a table of contents. We must have received your recording at the latest September 25th. Please E-mail (Mp3) your recording to Per Nyström
(you can only send the recording by e-mail)
3. The selection will be based upon musical skills, education and experience. The number of places is limited. We will send all applicants the list of selected participants at the latest October 4th.
All Academy participants receive an Aurora Festival badge. This allows free access to the Festival concerts
We have many practice rooms and pianos that can be reserved at course venue.
Ola Larsson Manager – Aurora Chamber Music. Ph+46 (0) 70 654 12 50.
Per Nyström, Artistic director – Aurora Chamber Music. Ph +46 (0) 708 19 43 47