Aurora Conducting Seminar – 2015
Aurora Conducting Seminar
Available places: 20
Course fee: 4 000 SEK
Registration fee: 700 SEK
Last application day: 11 May
- Auscultation at all daily orchestra rehearsals/conducting masterclasses August 15-23
- International seminars/question & ask with: Gordan Nikolic, leader of London Symphony Orchestra, Yehuda Gilad, conductor & musical director of Colburn school of Music, Los Angeles/California, Cecilia Rydinger Alin, Headmaster and Vice-Chancellor at the Royal College of Music in Stockholm.
- Free entrance to all festival rehearsals & concerts
- Free admission to the closed-door masterclasses on all orchestra instruments with the active students
- Participation at daily reviews/video analysis with Maestro Kurt Masur and Maestro Johannes Gustavsson and the active conducting students.
The selected participants shall pre-study this repertoire to be able to follow the teaching, master classes and seminars.
Wagner – Overture/Tannhauser
Schumann – Symphony No 4
Mendelssohn – Symphony No 4
Prel. Schostakovich – Symphony No 5
Prel. Grieg – Piano concerto
Prel. Sibelius – Violin concerto
The course fee of 4000 SEK for the 20 selected participants shall be paid with credit card (MasterCard or Visa) no later than June 12.
The selection will be sent to all applicants latest May 13 including more information and further instructions how to pay the course fee
The registration fee of 700 SEK shall be paid with credit card (MasterCard or Visa) immediately when submitting the application. You cannot complete the application without also paying the registration fee. This fee covers costs and administration for review of all applications, documents and recordings. Therefore the registration fee will under no circumstances be re-funded.
The course fees are not included accommodation, food or travel however Aurora offers participants good and cheap accommodation options starting from 2200 SEK in total for all days, 14 -24 August.
Profile of requirements
The course is aimed at musicians or students who have basic music education and knowledge about conducting, scores and/or symphonic repertoire.
There is no age limit. Teaching will be given in English.
Documents to be submitted in the online application form
- Personal data
- CV in English
- Optional (not at all a requirement to send but can simplify the selection process): Video recording (in the form of a link) showing applicant in the role of conductor or musician
After all application documents have been received, the course organizers will decide which applicants will be admitted to the course. The results will be announced June 9 2015.
20 students will be admitted.
On receiving notification that they have been accepted for the course the students must confirm their attendance and pay the course fee by the specified deadline. Otherwise the course organizers may offer the place to another applicant.
The organizers’ decisions are final. No legal recourse will be permitted, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Last application day: 11 May
Announce of selected students (by e-mail): 9 June
Last day to pay the course fee 4 000 SEK for selected participants: 12 June
Individual preparation: 13 June– 14 August
Course days in Trollhättan: 14-24 August
Certificate: On concluding the course, all participants will receive an Aurora Chamber Music certificate.
Obligations / insurance
Students must declare that they are willing to create diary entries or post information on Facebook, and be prepared to give short interviews.
Aurora Chamber Music retains all rights in respect of photographic or video materials which have been created during the course or recorded at the concerts.
Students are responsible for obtaining visas and paying visa costs.
Students must also pay for their own insurance.